of the FOUNDATION OF POLISH - CZECH - SLOVAK SOLIDARITY
CHAPTER I - GENERAL PROVISIONS
The Foundation under the name Foundation of Polish - Czech - Slovak Solidarity,
hereinafter referred to as "Foundation", established by:
- Jarosław Broda
- Zbigniew Janas
- Mirosław Jasiński
- Mieczysław Piotrowski
under a notary deed of the State Notary Office in Warsaw er">Article 3
- The Foundation shall use a seal with the circumscription: "Foundation
of Polish -Czech - Slovak Solidarity".
- For the purposes of foreign cooperation the Foundation may use the translation
of its name.
The seat of the Foundation shall be the Capital City of Warsaw.
- The Foundation shall carry out its activities within the territory of the
Republic of Poland.
- To implement its cultural and social objectives the Foundation may carry
out its activities outside of the Republic of Poland under the operating legal
CHAPTER II - OBJECTIVES AND PRINCIPLES OF FOUNDATION'S ACTIVITIES
The goal of the Foundation is to undertake the following initiatives:
- related to sport and physical education,
- related to protection of natural environment
- related to charity
- as well as those related to social assistance;
with a view of better co-operation, understanding and solidarity among the
Polish, Slovak, Czech and other nations.
The Foundation shall implement its objectives mostly through:
- raising funds and in-kind resources to support various forms of actions
of "Polish - Czech - Slovak Solidarity";
- cooperating with the representatives of various social groups, with legal
and natural persons whose activity is connected with "Polish - Czech
- Slovak Solidarity";
- undertaking various types of initiatives popularizing knowledge on "Polish
-Czech - Slovak Solidarity";
- organizing lectures, seminars, exhibitions, reading sessions developing
the knowledge on the objectives of the Foundation;
- initiating and organizing fund raising events to the benefit of the Foundation;
- supporting legal and natural persons whose activities are similar to the
objectives of the Foundation;
- supporting and co-operating with various social groups and organizations,
which have goals similar to those set for the Foundation of Polish-Czech-Slovak
Solidarity and operate in Poland and abroad.
CHAPTER III - FOUNDATION ASSETS AND REVENUES
Assets of the Foundation shall be the cash contribution in the amount of 2,000
(say: two thousands) zlotys being the establishment fund.
Revenues of the Foundation shall be the following:
- grants, subsidies, gifts, inheritances and bequeaths received from Poland
and from abroad, securities;
- revenues from fund raisers organized under appropriate permits;
- bank interests.
CHAPTER IV - FOUNDATION'S BODIES
Bodies of the Foundation shall be:
- the Foundation Council;
- the Foundation Board.
- The Foundation Council shall be composed of the Founders and of an unlimited
number of persons appointed by the Founders.
- A legal person acting through its representative may also be a member of
the Foundation Council.
- The Chairman of the Board shall be elected by the Founders.
The Foundation Council shall be particularly authorized to:
- establish the directions of Foundation activities;
- issue recommendations on programs of Foundation activities;
- adopt annual reports of the Board;
- evaluate the performance of the Board;
- issue recommendations on an amendment of Foundation's objectives or its
- adopt the Foundation's bye-laws.
The Council shall express its decisions in the form of Resolutions which shall
be adopted by a simple majority of votes with at least half of the Council members
- The Foundation Board shall be composed of 3 to 10 persons appointed and
recalled by the Founders. The Board shall elect a President from amongst its
members having consulted the Founders.
- An authorised member of the Foundation Council shall conclude an employment
contract or contract for services with a member of the Board, within the scope
of his/her authorization resulting from an adequate resolution passed by the
The Foundation Board shall, in particular:
- manage current affairs of the Foundation;
- represent the Foundation outside;
- adopt the bye-laws for the operations of the Board;
- create and liquidate divisions of the Foundation in Poland and abroad defining
their territorial boundaries and the scope of activities.
- defines the size of employment and the principles of remuneration and the
size of resources for remuneration for the employees of the Foundation.
- Declarations of will on behalf of the Foundation shall be made by the President
of the Board or two members of the Board having been authorized by the Council.
- The President of the Board may appoint plenipotentiaries, authorized to
make non-financial declaration of will.
CHAPTER V - MERGER, AMENDMENT OF THE OBJECTIVES OR THE STATUTE
OF THE FOUNDATION
The Foundation may merge with another foundation with similar objectives under
terms defined in
an agreement between the foundations.
On behalf of the Foundation the agreement shall be signed by the President
of the Board under a power
of attorney of the Founders granted after consulting the Foundation Council.
Decisions regarding any changes of the Statute shall be made by the Foundation
CHAPTER VI - LIQUIDATION OF THE FOUNDATION
- The Foundation may be liquidated after the funds for the implementation
of its objectives ceased to exist or when its objectives have been deemed
- The resolution on the liquidation of the Foundation shall be adopted by
the Foundation Board.
- Liquidation shall be done by a liquidator appointed by the Founders.
- Foundation assets remaining after the obligations and liabilities of the
Foundation have been met shall be used in a manner designated by the Board.
- The Foundation Board shall inform the Minister of Culture and Arts about
of the Foundation.
CHAPTER VII - FINAL PROVISIONS
Foundation may award prizes and honor distinctions to natural and legal persons,
institutions and social organizations who assisted the Foundation.
Declarations of will of the Founders are made by them personally or they shall
be made by one Founder under a power of attorney granted by the remaining Founders.